2011-05-19

What a strange dream!

I had the urge to write down and share this strange dream I had this morning.

I was in some hospital's emergency department and a man was there waiting to be discharged. He was getting frustrated with the wait and decided to leave along with his adult daughter without waiting for the discharge paperwork or to have his IV removed. Security started after him and I followed after. I figured I could take out his IV for him and try to talk him back in, but let him go if he really wanted to as there's no legal requirement to see and sign the discharge papers.

Outside, the man got into a rental moving van with his family. A security guy drew his Taser. I said to him, "If you're going to escalate this, I'm going to film the whole thing." and I pulled out my smartphone. So this hopped-up security guy decided to Tase *me*.

The darts hit me in the groin and started discharging, but I felt nothing. I then remembered that I had left my cycling shorts on under my uniform because I had been running late that morning- the Taser darts couldn't penetrate the chamois!

I went up to the dumbfounded security guy, called him an @$$hole, and put his hand on the contacts and let him get shocked.

Things got a little surreal after that; security was filling up an inflatable kiddie pool. I assumed it was out of the family's moving van, but it could've been from the hospital's decon kit.

Finally, the moving van drove away, but I wasn't sure if the man was in it along with his family.

And that's about when I woke up and wrote this down.

Sent from my Droid2
Elias Friedman A.S., CCEMT-P
אליהו מתתיהו בן צבי
elipongo@gmail.com

1 comment:

Stephen said...

The best part is that the most ridiculous things make sense in the dream. You even rationalize the kiddie pool.